What’s up fellas? I can’t even tell you how pumped I am to share this conversation with you. Today’s guest is a legit badass businessman, Dan Martell.
We talked about his new book and how entrepreneurs can buy back their time, meaningful ways to talk to your kids to praise them for their effort, tell them what you love about them and eliminate entitlement and much more.
For those that don’t know, Dan is a serial entrepreneur, husband, father of two incredible boys, ironman athlete, best-selling author, and coach to over 1000+ SaaS founders, including clients like ClickFunnels, Proposify, and Carrot.
He successfully exited 3 tech companies within 10 years. His new book, Buy Back Your Time, might be the most important book ever written for entrepreneurs, and especially our community at Front Row Dads. If that sounds like hyperbole, I’m not even joking. It’s that good. So let’s get right to it!
Here are my favorite moments:
- The Buyback Principle: You don’t hire people to grow your business. You hire people to buy back your time.
- It’s better if you allow things to happen with your kids. Let them figure things out, make mistakes and help them to fix them. Don’t treat them like babies forever.
- The great things that happen when we talk to our kids about real stuff instead of just asking about how their day was.
Dan Martell Links & Other Resources
- The SaaS Academy
- Follow Dan Martell on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter
- Get Free Gifts for Buy Back Your Time by Dan Martell
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber
- Elon Musk
- Steve Jobs
- Oprah Winfrey
- Todd Herman
- Getting Things Done by David Allen
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
Dan Martell Bio
Dan Martell is award-winning Canadian entrepreneur, investor, thought leader, best-selling author, and coach to over 1000+ SaaS founders, including clients like ClickFunnels, Proposify, and Carrot.
He founded, scaled, and successfully exited three technology companies within 10 years. In 2012 he was named Canada’s top angel investor, having invested in more than 50 start-up companies, such as Intercom, Udemy, and Unbounce.
In 2016, Dan founded the SaaS Academy which went on to become one of the largest coaching companies in the world.
He’s also an Ironman athlete, philanthropist, husband, and father of two incredible boys.
Want to learn more about Front Row Dads?
We are in the business of building better families.
While most dads would say that family matters most, the challenge is they feel guilty knowing their careers get the best of them, and their family seems to get the rest of them.
We help Dads become family men with businesses, not businessmen who have families, so they can thrive personally AND professionally.
Subscribe to the Front Row Dad podcast to learn about fatherhood, marriage and how to level up your game at home, or if you’re ready for the best coaching and true brothers to grow with, Join The Brotherhood.
If you would like a transcript of the show please email firstname.lastname@example.org