As I get older there’s a lot less fear around being myself. I’ve become conscious of my truest nature and don’t feel the need to seek approval from others. This has allowed me to feed my curiosity for learning while also being present for my kids, Tiger and Ocean.
My guest, the very humble Jonathan Fields, is talking about this exact change in self-perception, something he refers to as your Sparketype.
He believes that we change in depth, quality, and self-awareness as we get older—a shift that he talks about in his new book, SPARKED: Discover Your Unique Imprint for Work That Makes You Come Alive.
Jonathan is a speaker, award-winning author, and creator of multiple businesses. Today he takes a deep dive into our states of mind and shows us how we can come alive at work and at home.
Jonathan shares his thoughts on identity, his organic life lessons, and helps us balance the spectrum of fulfillment—something that we all struggle with as entrepreneurial dads.
Tune in to this amazing conversation that I know will spark your inspiration.
Some of the topics I discuss in Part 1 with Jonathan Fields
- Does the context matter in how you’re seen or witnessed?
- What’s the identity you wear versus the identity that you are
- Can it be bad to feel centered?
- How do we create ideas, practices, and tools around the context of work?
- How to become intentional in all the roles in your life.
- The dark side to figuring out what you’re supposed to do, and getting absorbed with the work that you’re doing.
- What is the spectrum of fulfillment?
- Having the conversation with your partner to make sure you have a circuit breaker in place from your pursuits.
Jonathan Fields Links & Other Resources
- Jonathan Fields Website
- Follow Jonathan Fields on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Good Life Project Podcast
- Sparked: Discover Your Unique Imprint for Work that Makes You Come Alive by Jonathan Fields
- Uncertainty: Turning Fear and Doubt into Fuel for Brilliance by Jonathan Fields
- How to Live a Good Life: Soulful Stories, Surprising Science, and Practical Wisdom by Jonathan Fields
- Career Renegade: How to Make a Great Living Doing What You Love by Jonathan Fields
- The Long Hard Fix: Create the Critical Mindset the Powers Diet & Exercise Success by Jonathan Fields
- EMPOWERED: Essential Concepts and Strategies Every Woman Should Know About Self Defense by Jonathan Fields
Jonathan Fields Bio
Jonathan Fields is a husband, dad, TED Talks speaker, an award-winning author of SPARKED: Discover Your Unique Imprint for Work That Makes You Come Alive, executive producer, and host of Good Life Project Podcast®, one of the highest ranked podcasts in the world. Jonathan has founded numerous businesses that focus on human potential, eventually developing Sparketype® Assessment, to cultivate work that makes people come alive and help people unlock their true purpose.
He’s been featured in The New York Times, FastCompany, The Wall Street Journal, Inc., Entrepreneur, Forbes, Oprah Magazine, Elle, Allure, The Guardian, and many more.
Want to learn more about Front Row Dads?
We are in the business of building better families.
While most dads would say that family matters most, the challenge is they feel guilty knowing their careers get the best of them, and their family seems to get the rest of them.
We help Dads become family men with businesses, not businessmen who have families, so they can thrive personally AND professionally.
Subscribe to the Front Row Dad podcast to learn about fatherhood, marriage and how to level up your game at home, or if you’re ready for the best coaching and true brothers to grow with, Join The Brotherhood.Read The Full Transcript