Are you running on the neuroscience of love and connection, or fear and reactivity?
For many, fear and reactivity are driving your actions more than we realize. In this show, we’re going to address how to fix this and lead from a centered and controlled energy.
Mike Wagner has been on a path to evolve as a father. He’s a member of the Front Row Dads Brotherhood, and is going to share his personal experiences taking a deep dive into his own emotions, and how they used to run his life, and how he shifted into the driver seat.
A bit of context…
Mike had trained to be a physical therapist, but felt like something was off. He then made a transition into real estate investing, with a focus on self-storage. His successes have allowed him to explore personal development, focus on his family, and explore the country. In short, he lives what he calls a life of awesomeness.
He also recently worked extensively with Dr. Danny Friedland to better understand how top performers use mindfulness combined with neuroscience to turn their feelings of stress, burnout, and unhappiness into incredible leadership.
In this show, we have an honest conversation about learning to love ourselves, working through the rough patches, and what we can do to ensure we’re living in alignment with our deepest values.
PS: In honor of Dr. Danny’s life and his work, we’re going to be giving away several copies of his book, Leading Well Within. To claim yours, simply leave me an honest review of the Front Row Dads podcast, mention either Mike Wagner or Dr. Danny, and take a screenshot. Send it to email@example.com, and I’ll personally send you a copy!
- How understanding the intersection of neuroscience and mindfulness makes us better leaders
- How to recover when you lose your $hit at home
- A step you can take right now to better understand what happens when you get triggered
- The connection of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs and the evolved father
- How Mike structures his day for optimal performance
- How mindfulness allows us to redefine and reframe strife and pull out of a downward spiral
- Why focusing just on the money stops us from personal development
- Mike’s personal story of how he freed up his time to focus on personal growth
Big Questions Asked
- Are we running on the neurochemistry of love and creativity, or of fear and reactivity?
- What can we do to work through feelings of discontent or self-loathing?
- What is the value in thinking about death?
- What does It mean to be ‘triggered’ and how can we manage those emotions?
- Why does it sometimes feel like our life, no matter how awesome it is, is not good enough?
- What are we really asking for when we say we need someone to do something?
- How can we implement mindfulness into our daily practice?
- Follow Mike Wagner on Facebook and YouTube
- Leading Well from Within: A Neuroscience and Mindfulness-Based Framework for Conscious Leadership
- 18 Summers
- The 5-Hour School Week: An Inspirational Guide to Leaving the Classroom to Embrace Learning in a Way You Never Imagined
- David Cooperrider
- Jon Berghoff
- Dr. Daniel Friedland
- Jim Sheils
- Jim Dethmer
- Darius Mirshahzadeheh
- Hal Elrod
More About Mike Wagner
Mike Wagner married his high school sweetheart, Melanie in 2008 and they have three kids (Willima 7, Lucy 5 and Emma 1).
After spending many years jumping through all the hoops the world said he should jump through in order to “find” success, Mike realized that doing so wasn’t a game he wanted to play anymore. After failing to find the fulfillment chasing the world’s definition of success, Mike made a pretty dramatic shift. He bought an under-performing storage property and quit his job to turn it (and his life) around.
Since then, Mike has used storage to achieve a level of freedom and lifestyle (for himself, his wife and his kids) that many believe is out of reach. Rather than allowing his lifestyle to expand as fast as his income, Mike chose to pursue a journey of self development that continues to pay dividends today.
Mike is determined to prove that anyone can use ordinary garages to create an extraordinary life! Toward that end, he started the Storage Rebellion in 2018 which has quickly become the premier self storage training organization as well as the most robust self storage investing community in the country!
Want to learn more about Front Row Dads?
We are in the business of building better families.
While most dads would say that family matters most, the challenge is they feel guilty knowing their careers get the best of them, and their family seems to get the rest of them.
We help Dads become family men with businesses, not businessmen who have families, so they can thrive personally AND professionally.
Subscribe to the Front Row Dad podcast to learn about fatherhood, marriage and how to level up your game at home, or if you’re ready for the best coaching and true brothers to grow with, Join The Brotherhood