For a lot of guys, gift giving oftentimes lacks true meaning.
How many holidays have you made a last minute purchase the night before, or decided to buy something just because it has an impressive sticker price? As if a more expensive gift will show your wife just how much you love her lol.
Why Every Day is Mother’s Day
Gifts should make your loved ones feel valued and appreciated, not forgotten and misunderstood. It’s something we should do because we want to, not because we have to.
And hey, I’ll be the first to admit, I’ve definitely screwed it up on multiple occasions — so you’re not in this alone!
Gifts don’t need to be bought, but they do need thought.
Joining me today to talk all about it is my good friend John Ruhlin — a master at building relationships and winning hearts using his unique approach to strategic gifting.
We hit on a bunch of topics, including intentional gifting, gifting fails, winning at Mother’s Day, making your wife feel special, balancing business & family, and more!
Gold Nuggets from John Ruhlin
- Why gifting alone can’t save a sucky business and adds insult to injury in a struggling marriage.
- Why the bar is so low in business gift giving – and how to give much more intentional gifts in every area of life.
- The value of facilitating gift giving within your family.
- Childhood wounds that stick with us into adulthood.
Big Questions Asked About Winning at Mother’s Day
- How can we better pick up on hints and clues when it comes to the intangible gifts that our partners want?
- Why is it so much harder to pick a great gift for our spouse than it is for a business partner or a client?
- What happens when we bring other people within families into our gift giving, thanks, and gratitude?
- How can we use the traumas we faced in childhood as we show up for our kids?
Go Deeper with John Ruhlin
- Follow John Ruhlin on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube
- Giftology Group
- Giftology: The Art and Science of Using Gifts to Cut Through the Noise, Increase Referrals, and Strengthen Client Retention
More About John Ruhlin
John Ruhlin is the founder of The Ruhlin Group, a gift logistics company that helps clients like the Chicago Cubs, Wells Fargo, Caesar’s Entertainment, Miami Dolphins, Morgan Stanley, and The John Maxwell Company execute year-round gifting strategies.
John’s unique approach to relationships led him to become the #1 salesman for a $250 Million direct sales company by the time he was 23 (out of 1.5 Million reps). He now speaks widely about strategic gifting and relationship building and helps CEOs and sales teams drive referrals and open doors to elusive decision makers.
Want to learn more about Front Row Dads?
We are in the business of building better families.
While most dads would say that family matters most, the challenge is they feel guilty knowing their careers get the best of them, and their family seems to get the rest of them.
We help Dads become family men with businesses, not businessmen who have families, so they can thrive personally AND professionally.
Subscribe to the Front Row Dad podcast to learn about fatherhood, marriage and how to level up your game at home, or if you’re ready for the best coaching and true brothers to grow with, Join The Brotherhood