We rely on Google for many things, but if you’re looking for ways on how to be a great dad, you might have a hard time finding helpful answers.
“Dad jokes” and “Dad bods” – that’s mainly what you get as a search result, and it drives me crazy.
The modern dad is so much more than this. The sad reality is that it isn’t how society sees us yet, and a part of that has to do with how Dads are invited into parenthood.
That’s what my guest Ned Schaut is trying to change with his new book The Adventure of Fatherhood childrens book.
He’s on a mission to change the way guys navigate becoming a dad: from the time they get the news that they have a child on the way to taking full control and responsibility of the impact they can have on their children (and the world) as fathers.
We’re also talking about a guy’s role as a parent and how society naturally favors giving women much more information and attention when transitioning into parenthood.
When was the last time you saw a dude get a gift for becoming a father?
We’re talking about being vulnerable, not taking things personally when we’re struggling, and taking the time to properly introduce new dads to the adventure that is fatherhood.
And the next time you meet a new dad, remind him he’s going to kick ass!
Ned Schaut Podcast Highlights
- Why learning to pause, reflect, and course correct is tremendously valuable to your growth as a parent.
- The constant battle of accepting ourselves in the moments when we’re struggling and taking things personally.
- With 10,000 babies born every day in America, that’s a lot of new dads that can benefit and be encouraged if they’re set on the right path.
- How reading books with your kids at the end of the day adds so much value to your relationships, especially when you’re in the thick of it.
- The impact that you can make if you properly introduce new dads to the adventure of fatherhood with the right tools.
- If you show up and are ready for an event like the Front Row Dads Summit, you’ll get what you need.
Ned Schaut Links & Other Resources
- Follow Ned Schaut on Instagram
- Follow Rebel & Create on Instagram, YouTube
- Buy Ned’s book on Fatherhood and/or the Fatherhood Legacy Journal
- Watch Ned’s TedX Talk: Fatherhood Can Change the World
- Learn more about Ned’s Family Culture Guide
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
Ned Schaut Bio
Ned Schaut is a husband to his wonderful wife Sara, and a father to his amazing kids, all five of them. He’s an author, TedX Speaker and his mission is to leave the world better than he found it. He wants families and communities to experience more love and joy and be more present.
From his perspective, the problem is that men are not being as present and engaged as they could. He believes that if fathers were given (and accepted) a more prominent role, the world could be a much better place.
He found his purpose and life fulfillment through Fatherhood, and he’s now teaching dads everywhere how to navigate the Adventure of Fatherhood through his books, journal, TedX talks, and much more.
Want to learn more about Front Row Dads?
We are in the business of building better families.
While most dads would say that family matters most, the challenge is they feel guilty knowing their careers get the best of them, and their family seems to get the rest of them.
We help Dads become family men with businesses, not businessmen who have families, so they can thrive personally AND professionally.
Subscribe to the Front Row Dad podcast to learn about fatherhood, marriage and how to level up your game at home, or if you’re ready for the best coaching and true brothers to grow with, Join The Brotherhood.
If you would like a transcript of the show please email email@example.com