Alan Stein, Jr. teaches proven strategies to improve organizational performance, create effective leadership, increase team cohesion and collaboration, and develop winning mindsets, rituals, and routines.
As a successful business owner and veteran basketball performance coach, Alan spent 15+ years working with the highest-performing athletes on the planet (including NBA superstar Kevin Durant). As a keynote speaker and the author of Raise Your Game: High Performance Secrets from the Best of the Best, he now transfers that vast experience to help businesses and organizations develop championship-level performance, leadership, culture, and accountability.
In this episode, I spoke to Alan about how he is raising his game with the kids by creating rules and frameworks, what is The Next Play philosophy, why is it important to praise progress instead of outcomes and how to navigate ‘sharenting.’
- How does storytelling work at home with Alan’s kids – routines and rituals to tell stories at night
- Why is it important to not get caught up in your failure and create an environment where mistakes are okay – and when constructive criticism is okay
- About the WIN (What’s Important Now) mentality – and being able to move to the next play
- Balancing kids and work – how to be present with your family and block out intentional time
- Sharenting – the positives and negatives of involving your kids into your online life
- Developing your kids’ relationship with competition – how to let your kids experience winning and encourage growth rather than victory
- Front Row Dads – Marcus Sheridan
- Raise Your Game: High Performance Secrets from the Best of the Best
JOIN THE BROTHERHOOD
Join the Front Row Dads private Facebook community so you can ask questions, share ideas, and be part of a supportive group of incredible brothers who help one another navigate the role of marriage and fatherhood.
LEAVE A REVIEW
If you’ve listened to multiple Front Row Dads interviews and get value from the show, we’d love your support! Leaving us a review on Apple Podcasts only takes a minute, and in turn, it allows us to rank higher and become discovered by other Dads, just like you. Visit FrontRowDads.com/review and tell others what you think about the show!Read The Full Transcript