The truth is, if we’re crushing it at work but not doing the same at home with our spouse/partner, eventually, it’ll catch up with you, and everything (and everyone) suffers the consequences.
Men have been taught that showing vulnerability in relationships is a sign of weakness. So we build walls to shield ourselves from the hurt and pain that can come with opening up to our partner. And when those walls come crashing down, we’re often confused about how to handle the situation.
On the flip side, men who acknowledge their vulnerability can foster a deep sense of connection and intimacy with their spouse. That’s why I’m pumped to have Bryan Reeves on the show today.
Bryan is an author and relationship coach who helps men, women, and couples create thriving lives and intimate relationships. His Men, This Way blog has been read by over 30 million people worldwide, and his work has been featured in The Good Men Project, Buzzfeed, Allure, Medium, Playboy, and others.
In this conversation, we dig into Bryan’s tools for communicating clearly and with love and respect for your partner and the importance of establishing boundaries as early as possible.
Bryan also shares three principles for showing up at your best in your relationship and the transformational power of intentionally choosing your partner every day instead of leaving your relationship on auto-pilot.
Bryan Reeves Podcast Highlights
- You miss countless opportunities for an intimate connection with your partner every day.
- How people are afraid to set boundaries in their relationship and how to overcome this challenge.
- How to reconcile the different masculine and feminine core values.
- Daily connection practices of thriving couples.
- Ego doesn’t belong in a relationship. It’s better to be kind than to be right.
- How to ask what we want without blaming the other person.
- The difference between being empathetic to her needs and doing what she wants you to do.
- Learning to speak each other’s love languages brings out the best in the relationship.
- The best relationships aren’t born. They’re cultivated for years.
Bryan Reeves Links & Other Resources
- Bryan Reeves
- The Men, This Way Blog by Brian Reeves
- Follow Bryan Reeves on LinkedIn | Facebook | Instagram
- Choose Her Everyday (Or Leave Her) by Bryan Reeves
- Choose Her Everyday or Leave Her – The Good Men Project
- Tell the Truth, Let the Peace Fall Where it May by Bryan Reeves
- Terry Real
- David Deida
- Women who Run with the Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estés
- Ep# 82: Find Authentic Power Thru Authentic Relationship with Jon Vroman
- John Wineland
Bryan Reeves Bio
Bryan Reeves is a life and relationship coach who specializes in helping men, women, and couples build thriving relationships. He’s a former US Air Force Captain, and is now an internationally renowned author and host of the podcast, “Men, This Way.” His viral blog “Men, This Way” has been read by over 30 million people worldwide. He’s been a regular blog contributor to The Good Men Project, Elephant Journal, Thought Catalog and is the author of two books, including his latest, Choose Her Every Day (Or Leave Her), and Tell The Truth, Let The Peace Fall Where It May, that have helped thousands of people across the globe make sense of love and intimacy.
Want to learn more about Front Row Dads?
We are in the business of building better families.
While most dads would say that family matters most, the challenge is they feel guilty knowing their careers get the best of them, and their family seems to get the rest of them.
We help Dads become family men with businesses, not businessmen who have families, so they can thrive personally AND professionally.
Subscribe to the Front Row Dad podcast to learn about fatherhood, marriage and how to level up your game at home, or if you’re ready for the best coaching and true brothers to grow with, Join The Brotherhood.
Are you getting all the shows? Subscribe today! Want to leave a review? THANK YOU! http://FrontRowDads.com/review
If you would like a transcript of the show please email email@example.com