Today, I’m speaking with Michael Port. We talk about all kinds of topics including quarantine, the importance of sacrifice, delayed gratification, feeling safe, dealing with frustrations, the family value system, and so much more!
Don’t have time for the full interview? Here’s a short clip from the discussion!
- Where safety helps and hurts
- Teaching kids to sacrifice something in the moment for something in the future
- Why posturing creates problems
- Developing the skill of fluidity
- Focusing on gaining clarity with what people need
- The danger of reactionary values
- Michael’s hidden talent
- “If we can go into “Safety-first” with the people we care about, the outcome of those conversations will likely be more productive and positive rather than conflict oriented or conflict filled” – Michael Port
- “Quarantine is an opportunity for us to lean in to the concept of being able to sacrifice something in the moment for something better in the future” – Michael Port
- “What we’re doing now is continually working on our ability to say ‘No’ to some immediate need in service of a larger, more important need. If we can do that, life will be so much easier” – Michael Port
- “People will often compromise their values to keep their needs” – Tony Robbins
ABOUT THE GUEST
Michael Port is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author. He is a former actor and the host of the “Steal the Show Podcast. Michael helps people succeed as a public speaker and performer.
Michael has been featured on all the major TV networks and is one of the highest rated speakers working today. He runs a company of experts advising businesses on marketing, business development, and public speaking.
Michael and his wife, Amy Port co-founded Heroic Public Speaking Worldwide. They offer the most complete (and effective) speaker training in the world. They teach speakers what actors know about how to give better performances during keynotes, breakouts, and even workshops.
ABOUT FRONT ROW DADS
Front Row Dads is in the business of building better families.
While most dads would say that family matters most, the challenge is they feel guilty knowing their careers get the best of them, and their family seems to get the rest of them.
The Front Row Dads brotherhood is changing that.
We help Dads become family men with businesses, not businessmen who have families, so they can thrive personally AND professionally.
Subscribe to the Front Row Dad podcast to learn about fatherhood, marriage and how to level up your game at home.
JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP
Join the Front Row Dads private Facebook community so you can ask questions, share ideas, and be part of a supportive group of incredible brothers who help one another navigate the role of marriage and fatherhood.
JOIN THE BROTHERHOOD
Learn about what’s included in your Front Row Dads membership here.
LEAVE A REVIEW
If you’ve listened to multiple Front Row Dads interviews and get value from the show, we’d love your support! Leaving us a review on Apple Podcasts only takes a minute, and in turn, it allows us to rank higher and become discovered by other Dads, just like you. Visit FrontRowDads.com/review and tell others what you think about the show!
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST
Host Jon Vroman asks the big question, uncovers true stories and practical strategies to win as a parent (and husband). Digging up the tips, habits, routine and rituals that help men be a better dad/father and also win in marriage, parenting, health, finance while balancing the hundreds a full calendar. It’s easy for a dad to say that family matters most, but feels guilty knowing their careers get the best of them, and their family seems to get the rest of them. Front Row Dads is changing that. We help you raise awesome kids, and improve your marriage. We help Dads become family men with businesses, not businessmen who have families, so they can thrive personally AND professionally. For those looking for dad advice, and tips to thrive in fatherhood, it’s all at FrontRowDads.com/subscribeRead The Full Transcript