In today’s podcast, I’m speaking with Brandon Miller about his book, Play to Their Strengths, which is about developing your strengths as a parent and how parents should use these strengths to see the brilliance in their children.
Don’t have time for the full interview? Here’s is a short clip from the discussion!
- Moving from frustration to fascination
- Your child is not broken
- As a parent, you have what it takes to raise your kids
- How parents deal with conflicting advice
- Being able to sustain new ideas at home
- Avoiding the cult of comparison
- Should we look for new ideas, not new identities?
- You potential for greatness
- The 4 different parenting styles (Authoritarian, Permissive, Neglectful, Authoritative)
- Getting compliance versus commitment from your kids
- “As your kids age, you’re parenting a different child. A big part of being a great parent is learning and growing with them.” – Brandon Miller
- “One thing I always have as a goal is to help my kids love and respect mom and see the beauty in her.” – Jon Vroman
- “If you learn the value of acknowledgement and apology as a parent, kids are so interested in forgiving you immediately.” – Brandon Miller
- Brandon website
- Follow on Twitter, Insta, Facebook
- Play to Their Strengths
- Incredible Parent
- The Dad’s Edge Community
ABOUT THE GUEST
Analyn and Brandon Miller are successful business owners and the parents of seven children, spanning two generations. They are passionate about seeing families engage in a strengths-based parenting approach that unearths the uniqueness in every child and empowers positive parent child relationships through every stage of life.
Brandon is a Certified Strengths Coach through the Gallup Organization and has been coaching and training strengths for over fifteen years. Analyn owns and operates The Analyn Miller Group, part of Keller Williams Realty. She holds the distinguished Graduate Real Estate Institute Designation and loves leading her team with integrity and enthusiasm.
Check out more about the Millers – their family, their mantra and their values here!
ABOUT FRONT ROW DADS
Front Row Dads is in the business of building better families.
While most dads would say that family matters most, the challenge is they feel guilty knowing their careers get the best of them, and their family seems to get the rest of them.
The Front Row Dads brotherhood is changing that.
We help Dads become family men with businesses, not businessmen who have families, so they can thrive personally AND professionally.
Subscribe to the Front Row Dad podcast to learn about fatherhood, marriage and how to level up your game at home.
JOIN THE BROTHERHOOD
Learn about what’s included in your Front Row Dads membership here.
LEAVE A REVIEW
If you’ve listened to multiple Front Row Dads interviews and get value from the show, we’d love your support! Leaving us a review on Apple Podcasts only takes a minute, and in turn, it allows us to rank higher and become discovered by other Dads, just like you. Visit FrontRowDads.com/review and tell others what you think about the show!
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST
Host Jon Vroman asks the big question, uncovers true stories and practical strategies to win as a parent (and husband). Digging up the tips, habits, routine and rituals that help men be a better dad/father and also win in marriage, parenting, health, finance while balancing the hundreds a full calendar. It’s easy for a dad to say that family matters most, but feels guilty knowing their careers get the best of them, and their family seems to get the rest of them. Front Row Dads is changing that. We help you raise awesome kids, and improve your marriage. We help Dads become family men with businesses, not businessmen who have families, so they can thrive personally AND professionally. For those looking for dad advice, and tips to thrive in fatherhood, it’s all at FrontRowDads.com/subscribeRead The Full Transcript