When society tells men to “man up” and “suck it up,” their immediate response is often to bury their true emotions, only to fall into the trap of self-sabotage, anxiety, and depression.
But there is strength in vulnerability, and it takes a courageous heart to explore those insecurities and share them with the world.
It’s my pleasure to share this conversation with Connor Beaton, the visionary behind ManTalks, an international organization focused on men’s wellness, success, and fulfillment.
As an author and speaker who has shared the stage with Lewis Howes and Gary Vaynerchuk, Connor’s unique insights cut through the noise of traditional masculinity, offering men worldwide a guiding light toward a more fulfilling life.
Connor inspires men to confront their weaknesses and embrace their emotions, shattering the ego-driven image of a “real man.”
In our conversation, you’ll learn:
- How to gain better control of your fears, anger, and self-doubts.
- How to regulate your mind and body under stress and conflict.
- Why young men need masculine role models more than ever.
Here are my favorite moments from our conversation:
- Using your “dark side” as a beacon for finding meaning in life.
- How the lack of fatherly masculine energy destroys young men.
- Running away from fear and anger robs our loved ones of our masculine presence.
- Facing insecurities instead of numbing them down with shallow distractions.
- Why the best relationships help you grow through pain and trauma.
- Do this the next time you feel the need to lash out!
Connor Beaton Links & Other Resources
- Connor Beaton
- Follow Connor Beaton on Instagram | Facebook | LinkedIn
- Man Talks Podcast
- Men’s Work: A Practical Guide to Face Your Darkness, End Self-Sabotage, and Find Freedom by Connor Beaton
- John Barry
Connor Beaton Bio
Connor Beaton is the founder of ManTalks, an international organization focused on men’s wellness, success, and fulfillment. He runs a top-ranked podcast, is the author of Men’s Work, and has spent a decade working with men. His teachings draw from an in-depth apprenticeship in Jungian psychology, Gestalt, Cognitive Behavior Therapy, and Buddhist and Taoist traditions.
Connor has spoken on stage at TEDx with Lewis Howes and Gary Vaynerchuk, taking ManTalks to dozens of cities internationally. He has been featured on platforms like the United Nations, Forbes, Huffington Post, HeForShe, The Good Men Project, CBC, and the National Post.
Want to learn more about Front Row Dads?
We are in the business of building better families.
While most dads would say that family matters most, the challenge is they feel guilty knowing their careers get the best of them, and their family seems to get the rest of them.
We help Dads become family men with businesses, not businessmen who have families, so they can thrive personally AND professionally.
Subscribe to the Front Row Dad podcast to learn about fatherhood, marriage and how to level up your game at home, or if you’re ready for the best coaching and true brothers to grow with, Join The Brotherhood.
If you would like a transcript of the show please email email@example.com