Jim Dethmer is a coach, speaker, author, and founding partner at The Conscious Leadership Group. He has personally worked with over 150 CEOs and their teams to integrate conscious leadership into their organizations.
Jim also leads monthly Forums for select leaders in Chicago and New York, and trains coaches through The Conscious Leadership Group. He has spoken at Conscious Capitalism, Wisdom 2.0, Mindful Leadership Summit, Northwestern University Kellogg School of Management, and USC School of Medicine Greenville (where conscious leadership is part of the curriculum).
He is the co-author of High Performing Investment Teams, and The 15 Commitments of Conscious Leadership, an Amazon bestseller (2015).
Jim lives in Chicago with his wife Debbie, and in Michigan, their soul’s home, when they’re recharging during the summer months.
- What singular action sets up fathers to be fully present
- Is the real you not fully present because you’re not willing to be?
- How do you know when you’re ACTUALLY FULLY present?
- Where do you feel in your body when you are present?
- Why most Dads can only stay present for 0-3 seconds
- The model of presence, drift and shift
- When asking yourself, “where am I now?” makes or breaks a situation
- What it means to be above the line and below the line
- Why we’re hardwired to look for threats
- The breath of acceptance
- Box breathing
- When the words “I will come back to you” are most effective
- The difference between consciousness and presence (or is there one?)
- “The antidote to fear isn’t courage, the antidote to fear is acceptance.” – Jim Dethmer
- Jim Dethmer website
- Follow on Twitter, LinkedIn
- MInd Jogger App
- The 15 Commitments of Conscious Leadership by Jim Dethmer
- The above and below the line video
- How to be with feeling video
JOIN THE BROTHERHOOD
Join the Front Row Dads private Facebook community so you can ask questions, share ideas, and be part of a supportive group of incredible brothers who help one another navigate the role of marriage and fatherhood.
LEAVE A REVIEW
If you’ve listened to multiple Front Row Dads interviews and get value from the show, we’d love your support! Leaving us a review on Apple Podcasts only takes a minute, and in turn, it allows us to rank higher and become discovered by other Dads, just like you. Visit FrontRowDads.com/review and tell others what you think about the show!Read The Full Transcript
[147_-_Being Present with Your Wife and Kids with Jim Dethmer