John Berardi is a Canadian-American entrepreneur best known as the co-founder of Precision Nutrition, the world’s largest nutrition coaching, education, and software company.
He’s also the founder of Change Maker Academy, devoted to helping would-be change makers turn their passion for health and fitness into a powerful purpose and a wildly successful career.
Over the last 15 years he’s advised Apple, Equinox, Nike, and Titleist, as well as the San Antonio Spurs, Carolina Panthers, US Open Champ Sloane Stephens, and 2-division UFC Champ Georges St. Pierre. He’s also been named one of the 20 smartest coaches in the world and 100 most influential people in health and fitness.
He currently lives in Ontario, Canada with his wife and four children, although they tend to escape the cold Canadian winters by spending January to April in warmer places.
Today, he joins the podcast to discuss the healthy rules and habits to apply to your children in keeping a strong household, considering their perspective to you as a parent.
- The “More of, Less of” exercise
- What does real play look like?
- How activity helps build good eating habits
- Do kids need supplements?
- The importance of self regulation
- The most commonly used phrase in the Berardi house
- How to gain control by getting quieter
- How parents can bully their kids
- Leadership by example, not by authority
- The power of “Is that the best choice for you right now?”
- Compassionate questioning
- The 2 things John will fund with his kids, and the rest is theirs
- How much should we let our kids struggle?
- John Berardi.com
- Follow on Twitter, Insta, Facebook
- Precision Nutrition
- Change Maker by John Berardi
- Hold On to Your Kids: Why Parents Need to Matter More Than Peers
- The Family Tree Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy
JOIN THE BROTHERHOOD
Join the Front Row Dads private Facebook community so you can ask questions, share ideas, and be part of a supportive group of incredible brothers who help one another navigate the role of marriage and fatherhood.
LEAVE A REVIEW
If you’ve listened to multiple Front Row Dads interviews and get value from the show, we’d love your support! Leaving us a review on Apple Podcasts only takes a minute, and in turn, it allows us to rank higher and become discovered by other Dads, just like you. Visit FrontRowDads.com/review and tell others what you think about the show!Read The Full Transcript