Man up. Toughen up. Suck it up. These are common mantras that are drilled into us from the time that we’re kids to when we’re grown men. It’s a narrative that’s not just wrong but downright harmful.
I’m thrilled to introduce you to a man who is shaking up the narrow perceptions of manhood. John D’Agostini is a rockstar in the realm of men’s excellence who has mentored hundreds of people, from professional athletes and Olympians to high-risk students and regular family men with businesses to be supportive husbands, and even better Dads.
John is the author of Aimless: A Journey to Constructive Masculinity and if you’d like a copy of the book, write a review of the show, and email a screenshot to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your address, and we’ll mail the first 5 people a copy. (US & Canada Residents Only)
If you want to know how to find a balance between personal growth and deepening the bonds with your kids, spouse, and other men – this episode is a must-listen.
In our conversation, you’ll learn:
- The secret to personal growth without torpedoing your relationships.
- Strategies for pushing back against harmful masculinity stereotypes.
- How to use life’s gut punches as springboards for growth.
Here are my favorite moments from our conversation:
- Using trauma as a launchpad for personal growth.
- How bottling up pain sabotages your relationships.
- The art of healing through forgiveness.
- The how-to guide to solitude without self-sabotage.
- Why opening up and being vulnerable with other men is a strength – not a weakness.
- How porn and tech stunt men’s growth.
- Owning your flaws and stepping up to better yourself.
- Why the words you say matter.
John D’Agostini Links & Other Resources
- John D’Agostini
- Follow John D’Agostini on Instagram | LinkedIn
- Invictus Leadership
- Gene Miller
- Aimless: A Journey to Constructive Masculinity by John D’Agostini
- What is a Woman
John D’Agostini Bio
John D’Agostini is the founder of Invictus Leadership, a mentoring program for young men, and a men’s excellence expert and speaker who has mentored hundreds of people from professional athletes and Olympians to high-risk students and “regular Joes.”
He recently published Aimless: A Journey to Constructive Masculinity, which became an instant Amazon best-seller in seven genres, silver-medaled at a national book award for Christian self-help (Illumination Book Award), and took gold at an international award for sexuality and relationships (Independent Published Book Award aka IPPY).
He is currently on a speaking tour at colleges, churches, and podcasts, spearheading the conversation surrounding reframing masculinity for modern manhood.
Want to learn more about Front Row Dads?
We are in the business of building better families.
While most dads would say that family matters most, the challenge is they feel guilty knowing their careers get the best of them, and their family seems to get the rest of them.
We help Dads become family men with businesses, not businessmen who have families, so they can thrive personally AND professionally.
👉 Join The Brotherhood: https://brotherhood.frontrowdads.com/
🎤 Leave a review of the podcast here: http://FrontRowDads.com/review
🌐 Website: https://frontrowdads.com/podcast/