Jon Tyson is a Pastor and Church Planter in New York City. Originally from Adelaide Australia, Jon moved to the United States over 2 decades ago with a passion to seek and cultivate renewal in the Western Church. He is the author of Sacred Roots, A Creative Minority and The Burden is Light. Jon lives in the Hell’s Kitchen neighborhood of Manhattan with his wife and two children. He serves as the Lead Pastor of Church of the City New York.
In this episode, Jon discusses his program “Primal Path”, a right of passage. He shares how his connection with God guided him in raising his sons and building a strong family relationship.
- The difference between intentional and involved fathers
- What Mormans are doing that we should all learn from
- What it means to win his sons heart
- Hiking the Camino in 33 days
- Stop trying not to sin, and start living with a full heart
- Learning to honor the past and family history
- Daily connections, weekly investments and monthly challenges
- What will your kids remember forever?
- Will your kids bring you their sin?
- Does your kid think, “Dad can help!”
- When NOT to read books!
- Use your gifts and design a life you’ll be proud of
- “I’m not trying to make you a good man, I’m just trying to help you to be good at being a man.” – Jon Tyson
- “There is so much power in imputing ,leaning, and naming moments and creating traditions.That’s what it means to be made in the image of God and have dominion.” – Jon Tyson
- Follow Jon Tyson on | Twitter, Instagram
- Raising a Modern Day Knight
- Father’s Collective
- The Way of Man by Jack Donavan
- The Power of Moments by Chip and Dan Heath
- Story Worthy by Matthew Dicks
JOIN THE BROTHERHOOD
Join the Front Row Dads private Facebook community so you can ask questions, share ideas, and be part of a supportive group of incredible brothers who help one another navigate the role of marriage and fatherhood.
LEAVE A REVIEW
If you’ve listened to multiple Front Row Dads interviews and get value from the show, we’d love your support! Leaving us a review on Apple Podcasts only takes a minute, and in turn, it allows us to rank higher and become discovered by other Dads, just like you. Visit FrontRowDads.com/review and tell others what you think about the show!Read The Full Transcript