Ok fellas, raise your hand if your kids have come to you with a business idea 🙋🏼♂️
As an entrepreneur myself, having my kids show interest in starting a business is pretty exciting.
Of course, I want them to explore whatever makes them happy. But secretly, I love the idea of them running their own thing. Maybe it’s because it’s something I know I’ll be able to connect with them about.
But how involved should we get? What’s the right balance between helping them pursue their idea, and letting them make mistakes/figure things out on their own?
Josh Felber – Helping Your Kids Start A Business
Today I caught up with serial entrepreneur, Josh Felber, to talk all about it!
Josh created his first real business at the age of 14 and has owned 15 more in the 30+ years since. Before the age of 25 he had become a millionaire and today he helps “parent-preneurs” achieve success, while living an integrated lifestyle.
We talk about the different businesses his kids have started, including Gratitude Gear and Paleo Pets, and some really great tips for any parents who have a kid entrepreneur in the family 🙂“Listen to your kids. It's interesting how wise they actually are.” - Josh Felber Click To Tweet
Josh Felber’s Podcast Highlights
- Helping your kids start a business
- Business models best suited for kids.
- How involved should you be in your kids business?
- Integrating entrepreneurship into your homeschooling
- Encouraging your kids to figure things out on their own
- Epic family vacations
- Intentional praying & gratitude
- Building a family brand
- What should you do when you accidentally respond with anger when speaking with your kids?
- Raising your kids to be leaders
- Listening to your inner compass
Josh Felber Links & Other Resources
- Josh Felber’s Website
- Follow Josh Felber on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, & Twitter
- Josh Felber Podcast – Making Bank TV
- Take Back Your Family with Chris Smith
- Family Brand
- Gratitude Gear
- Campfire Effect
- 5 Minute Gratitude Journal
- Clickfunnels One Funnel Away Challenge
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It
- Paleo Pets
- The 5 AM Club: Own Your Morning. Elevate Your Life. by Robin Sharma
- The Miracle Equation by Hal Elrod
- Way of the Warrior Kid: From Wimpy to Warrior the Navy SEAL Way by Jocko Willink
- Jim Rohn
- JP Sears – Refining My Beliefs
- Awaken with JP Sears
Josh Felber Bio
Josh Felber is a loving husband and father of three, serial entrepreneur, podcaster, Emmy award winner, Inc. 5000™ winner, bestselling author, writer, tv producer, featured in television & movies and more. Josh Felber doesn’t just show up big in business, but has figured out a way to put his family first. He is the definition of a Front Row Dad!
Are you subscribed to the podcast?
Subscribe to the Front Row Dad podcast to learn about fatherhood, marriage and how to level up your game at home, or if you’re ready for the best coaching and true brothers to grow with, Join The Brotherhood