One of the reasons that I started Front Row Dads is that I knew I needed to grow and evolve if I wanted to become the best version of myself.
Getting out of our comfort zones can be scary because it feels safer to stay where we are. But in reality, we’re robbing ourselves of a life of abundance in every way. Ultimately, we’re responsible for how we show up in life.
If we allow ourselves to live on autopilot, there is no growth and we’ll fall short of being the best version of ourselves. Which is a great segue to introduce today’s guest.
Josh Painter is a father, husband, coach, philanthropist and author of the new book, Best Version Ever. He also has no problems admitting that he felt trapped in a life others expected him to live. Ultimately, he transformed his life when he saw that he could rewrite the stories he told himself.
In our conversation, we go over the importance of scheduling time with your family and guarding that time at all costs, how mindset shapes our life outcomes, and why helping others is more fulfilling than being financially successful.
We also dig into Josh’s thoughts on raising kids who are not afraid to be vulnerable, his three principles for parenting and much more.
Josh Painter Podcast Highlights
- It’s easy to get caught up in work so much that you neglect your family. Be intentional about spending time with your kids and spouse.
- You get to decide which version of you it’s best.
- The time we have with our family is finite. Instead of worrying about other people’s thoughts, focus on treating those around you with love and care.
- Find success and find your purpose, then go and help others do the same.
- The importance of mentors and how they can show other people what they’re capable of.
- You don’t have to be a perfect parent.
- How Josh went from being extremely introverted to seeing the value of connecting with others.
- The lucky circumstances that made it possible for Jon and Josh to connect with each other during a Hal Elrod event.
Josh Painter Links & Other Resources
- Best Version Ever by Josh Painter
- Follow Josh Painter on Facebook | Instagram | LinkedIn
- Ep# 355: Reimagining the Middle School Experience with Tim Nikolaev and Chris Coggin
- The Front Row Factor by Jon Vroman
- Justin Donald
- Ryan Levesque
- Zig Ziglar
- Cover Your Assets
- The Untethered Soul by Michael J. Singer
- The Innocence Project
- Send The Elevator Back by Kevin Spacey
Josh Painter Bio
Josh Painter is a father, husband, coach, leader, speaker, philanthropist, and the author of the book “Best Version Ever.” Josh founded the Best Version Ever Community after realizing that most people live a life that others expect of them, not a life true to themselves.
Unfortunately, he lived this same life, moving from one job to the next, barely getting by, and at one point, almost lost everything.
Since becoming his own Best Version Ever, Josh built and sold a successful real estate company, started a charity organization, and lives his Best Version Ever by helping others crush their goals and reach their full potential in all areas of life.
Want to learn more about Front Row Dads?
We are in the business of building better families.
While most dads would say that family matters most, the challenge is they feel guilty knowing their careers get the best of them, and their family seems to get the rest of them.
We help Dads become family men with businesses, not businessmen who have families, so they can thrive personally AND professionally.
Subscribe to the Front Row Dad podcast to learn about fatherhood, marriage and how to level up your game at home, or if you’re ready for the best coaching and true brothers to grow with, Join The Brotherhood.
Are you getting all the shows? Subscribe today! Want to leave a review? THANK YOU! http://FrontRowDads.com/review
If you would like a transcript of the show please email email@example.com