For many of us, the money we make is directly related to the amount of time we put into something. When we are directly responsible for growing our businesses, writing books, or traveling to speaking events – to name just a few examples – we are putting time in to get money out. As we all know, this comes at a cost, and every hour we grind is an hour spent not focused on our families.
My friend Justin Donald didn’t just challenge this framework – he broke it, giving him the power to live the life he wants on his terms. Dubbed “The Warren Buffett of Lifestyle Investing” by Entrepreneur, he is a master of low-risk cash flow investments. 21 months before his 40th birthday, he drove enough passive income for him and his wife to both leave their jobs.
In his new book, The Lifestyle Investor, he shares exactly how he negotiated deals with 100 companies and hit an eight-figure net worth while keeping his family at the center of everything.
Today, Justin joins the podcast to talk about the meaning of money, share some of his biggest wins (and what he learned from some real failures), unique ways to invest, and what it truly means to achieve financial freedom.
PS: If you love this interview, Justin will be a keynote speaker at our upcoming Online Summit along with David Osborn, Adam Stock, and Will Duffy. Simply go to https://frontrowdads.com/summit/ to learn more and save your spot today!
PPS: If you’d like a free copy of Justin’s book, simply leave me an honest review of the Front Row Dads podcast and take a screenshot. Send it to email@example.com, and I’ll personally send you a copy!
- Justin’s 10 commandments of investing
- Why you don’t have to be at a certain level of financial success to become a lifestyle investor
- Why you don’t always need to invest your own money to create cash flow and scale a business
- The value of taking someone’s success and making it your own
- Why Justin opens his book with a story about losing a lot of money
- How to tell if a deal is a win-win
- The dangers of emotional investing
- The importance of health and community to living the life you want
Big Questions Asked
- How do you balance needing to be all-in at times with honoring the lifestyle you want to live with your family?
- What happens when you separate your time from money?
- How do you live in congruence with what you’re most passionate about?
- Where do you find unconventional investing opportunities?
- How did investing change in 2020?
- If you have $10,000 to invest right now, where should you put it?
- If you have $100,000 to invest right now, what should you do?
- How do you make sure that you’re in true alignment with a financial advisor?
- Justin Donald
- Follow Justin Donald on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube
- The Lifestyle Investor: The 10 Commandments of Cash Flow Investing For Passive Income And Financial Freedom
More About Justin Donald
Entrepreneur Magazine calls Justin Donald the “Warren Buffett of Lifestyle Investing.”
He’s a master of low-risk cash flow investing, specializing in simplifying complex financial strategies, structuring deals, and disciplined investment systems that consistently produce profitable results.
His ethos is to “create wealth without creating a job.”
In the span of 21 months, and before his 40th birthday, Justin’s investments drove enough passive income for both he and his wife Jennifer to leave their jobs.
Following his simple investment system and 10 Commandments of Lifestyle Investing, Justin negotiated deals with over 100 companies, multiplied his net worth to over eight figures, and maintained a family-centric lifestyle in less than 2 years.
Just 2 years later, he doubled his net worth again.
He now consults and advises entrepreneurs and executives on lifestyle investing. Justin is the author of The Lifestyle Investor: The 10 Commandments of Cashflow Investing for Passive Income and Financial Freedom and host of his podcast The Lifestyle Investor. Both feature his lessons and proven investment system that consistently produces repeatable returns.
Justin is a lifelong leader and trainer with a track record of achievement. In his 20s, he worked with Cutco/Vector and quickly became one of the top managers in the company, and one of the youngest to achieve Hall of Fame status. His personal playbook of best practices was deployed nationwide as a training program to onboard sales representatives.
While in this role, Justin began investing heavily in real estate and owns several profitable real estate related businesses, a large portfolio of multifamily rentals, OrangeTheory Fitness franchises, and several other successful operating companies. His entrepreneurial ventures include IFM Restoration, a residential maintenance and rehab company founded in 2016. IFM recently funded its Series A with S3 Ventures, the largest venture capital firm in Texas, leading the round.
Justin is a member of Tiger 21 and a board member of Front Row Foundation International. He and Jennifer contribute to various causes privately and through their church, fighting cancer, building clean water wells in third-world countries and other humanitarian efforts. Additionally, they sponsor multiple children through Compassion International. The Donalds are based in Austin, Texas, and love adventure-based international travel with their beloved daughter.
Want to learn more about Front Row Dads?
We are in the business of building better families.
While most dads would say that family matters most, the challenge is they feel guilty knowing their careers get the best of them, and their family seems to get the rest of them.
We help Dads become family men with businesses, not businessmen who have families, so they can thrive personally AND professionally.
Subscribe to the Front Row Dad podcast to learn about fatherhood, marriage and how to level up your game at home, or if you’re ready for the best coaching and true brothers to grow with, Join The Brotherhood