Next up in our Member Takeover Series, we’re handing the mic over to my good friend and legend in the FRD Brotherhood, Kasim Aslam. Kasim is joined by a very special guest, his cousin, Farhan Rizvi. Farhan’s life reads like a movie script: His mom died when he was 13, he got married at 18, and welcomed his first child at 19 – and has been crushing it ever since.
Enjoy this conversation as they dive into the art, struggles, and beauty of raising kids while hustling in the business world. Please share the episode and let us know what you think in the comments and reviews!
A Wide-Ranging Conversation Through…
- 05:30 Building an attitude of gratitude, even when life packs a punch.
- 09:30 Transforming into a dad who gets it.
- 12:00 It ain’t just about chasing the dollar.
- 18:00 Would you take a $30.000 pay cut to follow your dreams?
- 23:00 Creating a “big fat family” vibe for your kids.
- 31:00 Getting your kids to create a highlight reel of their lives.
- 34:30 Surprise, kids can be philanthropists too.
- 41:00 Half-assing it? Not on my watch!
- 42:30 Guiding kids to discover their inner Buddha.
- 44:35 Keeping the bond strong as they grow up.
- 49:00 Reflecting on your parenthood wins.
- 50:35 Love your kids, no strings attached.
Kasim Aslam and Farhan Rizvi Resources
- Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
- Connect with Farhan Rizvi on LinkedIn
- Follow Kasim on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Solutions 8.com
Kasim Aslam and Farhan Rizvi Bios
Kasim Aslam is a dedicated father and husband, entrepreneur, digital marketer, speaker, and author. He is the founder and CEO of Solutions 8, one of the world’s top ranked Google Ads agencies. He’s the Traffic Coach for DigitalMarketer.com’s ELITE coaching program and is the co-host of Perpetual Traffic (one of the top marketing podcasts in the world). Kasim was named one of the Top 50 Digital Marketing Thought Leaders in the US and was the recipient of Arizona Interactive Marketing Association’s 2017 TIM Award Interactive Person of the Year.
Farhan Rizvi is the Senior Director of Frontline Systems & Experience and Director of IT, Technical Design & Product Management at T-Mobile. He’s skilled in Management, Project Management, Team Leadership, Business Process Improvement, and Cross-functional Team Leadership. He has a Master of Science (M.S.) focused in Organizational Development from Pepperdine Graziadio School of Business and Management. Farhan’s a father of 3 and lives in Issaquah, Washington with his wife, Patricia.
More About Front Row Dads
Want to hang out with other FRDs in Austin? Watch this 3-min video from our last Front Row Dads Live event. Tickets avail now for December’s event.
Not able to travel? We got you. Join our next online event, built just for kickass dads who know there’s more to learn. FrontRowDads.com/summit
FRD is solving a huge problem for dads. Our culture has turned “Dad” into a joke. Go ahead, google Dad and you’ll find Dad Bod, Dad Jokes, Dad Weed, etc. Culturally, it’s a Homer Simpson mentality, and it’s BS.
Our community is built for solid men. Men with range. Those who are badass, and know there’s still more to learn, together.
Most guys find it hard to find “their crew.” Finding other committed men, who are successful in life, and want to put family first – these guys are rare. Is this you?
In FRD, hundreds of men from all over the world show up for each other, to share resources and raise the bar of fatherhood (our core values)
If you’re reading this, you want to grow. Podcasts are great, but guys… when you’re ready to stop just listening to content, and want to JOIN the conversations – the FRD brotherhood is ready for you.
One more thing…