Do you own your business or does your business own you?
Far too often, entrepreneurs lose the point of why they started a company in the first place. Their net worth continues to rise, but in the process, every other area of life takes a hit.
And I’ll be the first to admit, I’ve been there! I kept telling myself, “I’m doing it for my family.” But it turns out, it was at the expense of my family.
I was building a life around my business, instead of the other way around, and knew I needed to make a shift. This is ultimately what led to starting Front Row Dads.
I realized that wealth wasn’t the destination, it’s simply the vehicle to get you there. The purpose of building a business is to fund your perfect life.
That’s what today’s episode is all about. As a lead up to the Business Evolution Online Summit, I’m talking with Kyle Reedstrom. Kyle is the Co-Founder of Passive 25K Group—a company that believes in putting lifestyle before work by building up passive income sources and finding financial freedom.
He’s currently working towards reaching $25k/month in passive income and teaching others how to do the same.
If you have a goal to buy back your time so you can spend more of it with your spouse and kids, this episode is for you!
Kyle Reedstrom Podcast Highlights
- How the FRD community helped Kyle get through a difficult time with his newborn daughter.
- Building a life around your business, not the other way around.
- Focus & Finish: Kyle’s mantra for accomplishing big goals and how he’s using it to work his way up to $25k/month in passive income.
- How can someone go from working 40+ hours/week to beginning their passive income journey?
- Learn Kyle’s process for filtering out business ideas (even the good ones) so you can stay focused on the finish line.
- The easiest passive income investing vehicles to get started with.
- Don’t let your thirst for more get in the way of what matters most. Hear the story of how Kyle’s Dad spent their entire family vacation working, instead of spending time together and getting to know his grandkids.
- Juggling multiple priorities and aspiring to put family first.
Kyle Reedstrom Links & Other Resources
- The Passive 25K Group
- Follow Kyle Reedstrom on Facebook | Instagram | LinkedIn | YouTube
- Passive Income University
- The Passive 25K Podcast
- The Lifestyle Investor by Justin Donald
- Ryan Levesque
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas J. Stanley
- The Intentional Father by Jon Tyson
- What to Expect When You’re Expecting
- Kelly Flanagan
- T.D. Jakes
- Tony Robbins
- Jon Berghoff
Kyle Reedstrom Bio
Kyle Reedstrom is a husband, father of two and entrepreneur who started his real estate company in June of 2014 (just a year after graduation) by purchasing two four-plex rental properties near downtown Fargo. This business further fueled his growing passion for the real estate industry and eventually led to a departure from his engineering career to pursue real estate full-time as a member of The Erik Hatch team in 2015.
In 2019, he founded Passive 25K Group with the vision to scale and grow his own real estate investing business. As things grew, the vision matured into a one-stop shop for all things real estate investing with the goal to help others achieve the lifestyle they desire through passive income wealth creation. The most important thing in Kyle’s life is people and interaction and a community where he can relax, have fun, and share with people he loves.
Want to learn more about Front Row Dads?
We are in the business of building better families.
While most dads would say that family matters most, the challenge is they feel guilty knowing their careers get the best of them, and their family seems to get the rest of them.
We help Dads become family men with businesses, not businessmen who have families, so they can thrive personally AND professionally.
Subscribe to the Front Row Dad podcast to learn about fatherhood, marriage and how to level up your game at home, or if you’re ready for the best coaching and true brothers to grow with, Join The Brotherhood.
If you would like a transcript of the show please email firstname.lastname@example.org