How do we make time to live the life that we want while reaching our full financial potential?
I was putting my 6 year old, Ocean, to bed the other night. He asked me for one more Gerald and Piggie story, his personal favorite works of fiction by Mo Williams. I’m going to be honest. I was really tired, and so close to saying no because of that.
But then I asked myself, how long will he want me to read one more story? How long will I have this opportunity? Do I choose the pleasure of sleeping or the happiness of hanging out with my son? In the end, I read that 5 minute book, and it gave me a lot of joy.
It’s hard sometimes being a Dad and figuring out how to balance work, your family, and all the extra things that come in life, especially when you’re exhausted at the end of the day.
This is what I’m talking about with Scott Jarred, author of FutureHack!: How To Reach Your Full Financial Potential. Scott explains how to make your money work harder for you, so you have more time to put into chalking up your driveway, reading that bedtime story, or simply being able to play with your kids and be present with your family!
He explains that there are two people in this world: people who live in scarcity, and people who are abundant thinkers, a frame of mind he says is a huge game changer for helping you get out of a rut. It also translates into being a better Dad.
He also touches on the importance of having a family constitution, a way to raise your kids and pass down core values that hold true to you as a father.
If you want to learn how to reach your full financial potential, so that you can spend more time with your kids, this episode is for you!
And if you’d like a free copy of Scott’s book, write a review on Apple, Spotify, or wherever you listen, send it to me, and I’ll ship his book directly to your doorstep 🙂
Some of the topics I discuss with Scott Jarred
- Reaching your full financial potential and getting more family time.
- Learn how to protect yourself and gain financial freedom from your business.
- Passing your core values down to your kids.
- Evidence based investing that will help you in today’s economic world by weighing the risks of your choices.
- What’s your why and where do you go from there to use the velocity of your money?
- Being confident in your skills and being ready for the right opportunities.
- Is the lack of time and planning your biggest problem? Do you have a financial junk drawer?
- Sometimes it’s better to take your time instead of hitting it too hard too fast.
- Buffer days, revenue days, and free days that you ONLY spend with your children ⎼ find the compromise for work and play.
- Be home for dinner and prioritize time for your family
- Sometimes what gives you happiness is harder than what gives you pleasure.
- Can your kids be raised with too much money and opportunity? How do you transfer the teachings that prepare your children without ‘crutching’ them?
Scott Jarred Links & Other Resources
- Invst Website
- Follow Invst on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook
- FutureHack!: How To Reach Your Full Financial Potential
- Dan Sullivan
- Brad Johnson
- Casey Weade
Scott Jarred is the CEO of Invst, which specializes in providing comprehensive wealth management solutions for high-net worth individuals to protect and preserve their wealth. Jarred left corporate America more than seventeen years ago to build a company committed to making money work for people and to flip the traditional wealth industry on its head.
Invst has created an environment outside of Wall Street conformity, one that’s broken through the limitations of “financial planning” and instead focuses on financial positioning. Jarred is dedicated to providing faster, smarter, and innovative personal wealth solutions for his clients.
Want to learn more about Front Row Dads?
We are in the business of building better families.
While most dads would say that family matters most, the challenge is they feel guilty knowing their careers get the best of them, and their family seems to get the rest of them.
We help Dads become family men with businesses, not businessmen who have families, so they can thrive personally AND professionally.
Subscribe to the Front Row Dad podcast to learn about fatherhood, marriage and how to level up your game at home, or if you’re ready for the best coaching and true brothers to grow with, Join The Brotherhood.