In today’s society, we don’t teach men to protect themselves and protect their families.
But part of being a better Dad and a better husband is being able to take care of your loved ones in every way possible. If you find yourself in a situation where their lives were in danger, would you be able to respond?
Let’s face it, we’re making ourselves easy targets by ignoring violence’s role in our lives. Like it or not, it’s out there. Understanding it and knowing when and how to use it can make the difference in life-threatening scenarios.
Today’s guest, Tim Larkin, encourages us to shift our mindset around violence. Tim is the founder of Target Focus Training and has coached over 10,000 people from over 52 countries on using their brains and bodies to prevent, prepare for, and survive unthinkable events.
In the first of our two-part conversation, we discuss why hope won’t save you in life-threatening situations, the little things you can do today to improve your family’s safety, and why understanding violence allows you to have a calmer life.
Finally, I’ve got some exciting news! We’ve got two important dates to add to your calendars:
- The Inaugural Live Summit is happening in Austin, Texas on December 2-4th. This is a LIVE EVENT with some great speakers like Hal Elrod, Justin Donald and more! Visit FrontRowDads.com/Live for more details and to book your spot today.
- Our next Online Summit is happening on July 21, 2022 where we’ll be focusing on the Intentional Parenting Pillar. Visit FrontRowDads.com/Summit to book your spot right now.
Tim Larkin Podcast Highlights – Part 1
- How the goal should be to get to a point where you won’t even need to use violence. But it requires work to get there.
- The more you understand how violence works, the more peaceful your life will be.
- How you’re making yourself vulnerable to attacks and home invasions in ways you’re not even aware of.
- That owning a dog can be a great deterrent for home intruders.
- Tim’s basic checklist you can apply that will dramatically improve the safety of your home and family.
Tim Larkin Links & Other Resources
- Tim Larkin’s Website
- Target Focus Training Website
- Follow Tim Larkin on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter & YouTube
- When Violence Is the Answer: Learning How to Do What It Takes When Your Life Is at Stake by Tim Larkin
- Tony Robbins
- Laws of Human Nature by Robert Greene
- John Wick
Tim Larkin Bio
For over 20 years, Target Focus Training founder and creator Tim Larkin has been well known in the self-defense & close-combat training world but ‘under-the-radar’ to ordinary folks. He’s the guy US Navy SEALs, Army Special Forces, and the US Border Patrol call in behind-the-scenes to teach them when it’s “kill-or-be-killed.”
He’s also the author of the best-selling book, When Violence Is the Answer: Learning How to Do What It Takes When Your Life Is at Stake.
During the last 20 years, he’s not only trained elite military special forces and law enforcement units but corporate and civilian clientele in New York, Las Vegas, London, and many other cities around the world.
Tim has spoken to thousands of CEOs, government officials, and business leaders in over 52 countries on how to use these same principles of surviving life-or-death violence in the less life-threatening business environment.
Want to learn more about Front Row Dads?
We are in the business of building better families.
While most dads would say that family matters most, the challenge is they feel guilty knowing their careers get the best of them, and their family seems to get the rest of them.
We help Dads become family men with businesses, not businessmen who have families, so they can thrive personally AND professionally.
Subscribe to the Front Row Dad podcast to learn about fatherhood, marriage and how to level up your game at home, or if you’re ready for the best coaching and true brothers to grow with, Join The Brotherhood.
If you would like a transcript of the show please email firstname.lastname@example.org