As entrepreneurs and business owners, we’ve all taken tests like Myers-Briggs, DISC, and Core Values Index to better understand who we are and where we naturally shine. But so few of us have used tools like these to understand our strengths as parents, even though it’s one of the most important roles in our lives!
Play Off Your Partner’s Parenting Strengths
Today’s guest, my friend Brandon Miller, is the co-author of Incredible Family: Discover Your Parenting Strengths and Raise Your Kids with Confidence. Not only is the book packed with great information, but it also includes a powerful parenting assessment tool to help you and your partner uncover what makes you uniquely great as parents.
Brandon’s really hit on something big with this book, as proven by the fact that he was voted Most Influential by the Front Row Dads Brotherhood after presenting this material at our last retreat.
Also joining us is fellow Front Row Dad, Les McDaniel, who trains coaches that help parents and their children become stronger, more loving, and more peaceful.
So what exactly does it mean to build an “incredible family” and how do we make it happen? That’s what this discussion is all about. If you want to bring the joy back into your parenting and shift from being frustrated to fascinated, and from conflict to cooperation, this episode is a must-listen!
Get a FREE Copy of Incredible Family!
Want 2 free copies of Incredible Family? Write an honest review of the podcast, send a screenshot of your review to firstname.lastname@example.org, and I’ll send you and your spouse a copy in the mail. It’s my way of thanking you for your support, and I know it’ll make a big difference for you and your family.
Gold Nuggets from Brandon Miller
- The only perspective that can keep us focused on our true companions
- Why loneliness is the shadow side of your uniqueness
- The uncomfortableness of being alone
- The value of the Enneagram
- The process of building belonging
- Why lying and secrecy is a form of withdrawing from a relationship
- How to shift from defensiveness to empathy and compassion
- The 4 main words for love
- How we often use unconditional love to say “Lay off me!”
- The 5-session study guide to help you and your partner make the most of Dr. Kelly’s new book
Big Questions Asked How to Play Off Your Partner’s Parenting Strengths
- How do we partner with someone to give our children the five things they need?
- Do many parents have overlapping strengths?
- How do I make sense of my parenting assessment?
- Why don’t our priorities as parents always align?
- How can we look for the shine in our kids’ eyes to understand what’s working and what isn’t, in our families?
- Why do so many parents lack confidence?
- Why aren’t men leading the way on unity right now?
- What happens when we play to our partners strengths and show up as a true leader?
- Why does everyone need a coach?
- How can strengths assessments help us solve society’s toughest challenges?
- How do we amplify what’s good to silence what’s not?
- Why can it be so hard for us to identify our true strengths?
- How does gratitude uncover strengths in other people?
Go Deeper with Brandon Miller
- Incredible Family: Discover Your Parenting Strengths and Raise Your Kids with Confidence
- Follow on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook
- Play to Their Strengths: A New Approach to Parenting Your Kids as God Made Them List any links shared during the show
- Unbecoming Podcast
- The Road Back to You: An Enneagram Journey to Self-Discovery
More About Brandon Miller
Brandon Miller is the proud dad of seven children, spanning two generations.
They are passionate about seeing families engage in a strengths-based parenting approach that unearths the uniqueness in every child and empowers positive parent child relationships through every stage of life.
Brandon is a Certified Strengths Coach through the Gallup Organization and has been coaching and training strengths for over fifteen years.
Learn more about Brandon, his family and their values here!
More About Les McDaniel
Les McDaniel trains coaches that help parents and their children become STRONGER, more LOVING and PEACEFUL. Incredible Family empowers Parents and Children with a strength-based model for healthier homes and lives.
Want to learn more about Front Row Dads?
We are in the business of building better families.
While most dads would say that family matters most, the challenge is they feel guilty knowing their careers get the best of them, and their family seems to get the rest of them.
We help Dads become family men with businesses, not businessmen who have families, so they can thrive personally AND professionally.
Subscribe to the Front Row Dad podcast to learn about fatherhood, marriage and how to level up your game at home, or if you’re ready for the best coaching and true brothers to grow with, Join The Brotherhood