All right fellas. I’m talking with Rich Christiansen, who for context, has founded 49 businesses, of which 16 have become multimillion-dollar successes.
What’s most impressive however, is how he shows up for his family. Rich is the perfect example of what Intentional Parenting is all about.
But it wasn’t always this way…
In his early career, Rich was on the fast-track to becoming the CEO of an Inc 500 company, when he got the wake up call of his life. While he was crushing it at work, he realized he completely lost sight of what mattered most—his family.
He decided to quit the corporate world to double down on life at home, which he describes as the most meaningful decision of his life.
All 5 of his kids are fully grown now, but the framework Rich and his wife developed for building a family legacy and raising strong, confident, happy kids is unlike anything I’ve seen.
This is just a quick glimpse, but here’s a few interesting facts about his 5 sons…
- Every one of them had created a million dollar business before the end of high school.
- They’ve all hiked major world mountain peaks, including Everest, Kilimanjaro, and Huayna Picchu.
- From the age 16, his sons took full responsibility for paying for their own college, family vacations, dinners, and more. They all committed to never asking Dad to pay for anything.
- They all spent two years serving humanity and learning another language.
- And much more…
So, let’s get into it. We’re talking about family values, squashing entitlement, rites of passage, and the Legado Family Framework that’s helping men build a family legacy that will carry forward for generations.
If you want to win professionally, but don’t want to do it at the expense of your family, this is a must listen episode!
Rich Christiansen Podcast Highlights
- The realization that he was sacrificing his family to win at work.
- Why it’s critical to clearly define your family values—and how the Legado Family Framework can help you create them.
- Let your kids be who they are, not what you want them to be.
- Raising financially independent children who aren’t entitled.
- The importance of having friends who call you out on your bullshit.
- Using rites of passage to raise confident, happy, and successful kids.
- STOP doing family trips without intent!
Links & Other Resources
- Rich Christiansen’s Website
- Read Rich’s books: Toes Turn Purple, Zig Zap Principal, & Bootstrap Business
- Follow Rich Christiansen on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn, or Email
- Discover the Legado Family Program
- Build Family Legacies Course
- Futurepreneur Course
- The Way2Wealth Course (coming soon)
- Stephen Covey
- Garrett Gunderson
- Hal Elrod
- Mike McCarthy
- David Osborn
- Ryan Moran
- Ben Greenfield
Rich Christiansen Bio
Rich Christiansen is a successful thought leader, entrepreneur, humanitarian, and mentor. He is also the author of the best-selling book including, The Zigzag Principle, the co-author of Bootstrap Business: A Step-By-Step Business Survival Guide, and co-author of a book written with his son Tim called Even if Your Toes Turn Purple: Raising Teenagers that are Confident, Happy, and Stand Out.
He is the person you think of when it comes to finding someone to help guide your family towards balance, success, and bonding at its greatest.
Rich and his wife Gaye are the proud parents of five sons and a daughter they sponsor from Nepal, and grandparents to eight beautiful grandchildren. In their free time, the Christiansen family enjoys exploring the outdoors and are always up for an adventure.
The joy and gratitude Rich experiences in his life were made possible by learning how to embrace, bond, and build his family legacy. Now, it’s his mission to help you do the same.
Want to learn more about Front Row Dads?
We are in the business of building better families.
While most dads would say that family matters most, the challenge is they feel guilty knowing their careers get the best of them, and their family seems to get the rest of them.
We help Dads become family men with businesses, not businessmen who have families, so they can thrive personally AND professionally.
Subscribe to the Front Row Dad podcast to learn about fatherhood, marriage and how to level up your game at home, or if you’re ready for the best coaching and true brothers to grow with, Join The Brotherhood.
Are you getting all the shows? Subscribe today! Want to leave a review? THANK YOU! http://FrontRowDads.com/review
If you would like a transcript of the show please email email@example.com